10 Jan Migration in Focus – PERCEPTIONS joins forces with MIRROR project
Migration in Focus – PERCEPTIONS joins forces with MIRROR project
Organised by the MIRROR project, the conference Migration in Focus: Addressing Informational Challenges in Humanitarian Actions took place between 15-16 December 2021 as a hybrid event in Malta as well as online. Intended as an interactive platform, the event fostered debate on the most challenging and novel issues in the field of migration. The main focus of the conference was on filling “informational gaps” in formulating and deploying policies and humanitarian responses targeting migrants.
PERCEPTIONS partners shared key insights of the research activities in five presentations:
- “Mismatches between expectation and reality, and the use of information campaigns” – Sara Carrasco Granger (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain), Karen Latricia Hough (Centric, Sheffield Hallam University, UK) and Kahina Le Louvier (Northumbria University at Newcastle, UK)
- “Information campaigns in Twitter” – Elisa Leonardelli (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy)
- “Information networks and the role of bots” – Sara Miccoli, Cecilia Fortunato (Università La Sapienza, Italy)
- “Practitioners’ recommendations and suggestions to mitigate challenges related to migration” – Maria Yordanova (Center for the Study of Democracy, Bulgaria)
- “Different kind of policy interventions – engaging with lived, complex, expressive realities of migrants’ lives” – Sergei Shubin (Centre for Migration Policy Research Swansea University, UK), Fiona-Katharina Seiger (Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands), Melina Breitegger (SYNYO, Austria)
The conference provided fruitful discussions and knowledge exchange, with relevant inputs to PERCEPTIONS research for the final year of the project. The complete conference program and bios of the speakers can be found on the MIRROR website.